So I have been way behind on recipes lately! The biggest thing is that we have been switching to healthier meals as of late, so occasionally I’ll slip in a not-so-healthy meal. This french toast recipe being one of them, and on top of that I actually kind of just modified this recipe completely. I didn’t really base it off of a Pinterest recipe, actually the majority of the ones you will start to see are of my own creation, or were recipes passed down to me!
I played around with this french toast recipe, I mainly wanted to use up the rest of my heavy cream before it expired. Through some research I discovered it could be joined with the ingredients for french toast! So I guess it wasn’t technically ALL my own creation, since I searched for heavy cream recipes via Pinterest. They were all just so fancy sounding, I just simplified it by winging it with this french toast recipe! Sometimes the best meals come from experimenting a bit!
- 1 Loaf of bread
- I actually only made about 8 slices worth
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- powdered sugar (for topping)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Combine together honey, egg, and heavy cream and stir until well combined.
- Set aside, set your stove to medium heat and add the butter to the pan to melt, leaving the pan with a greasy tone, to add flavor and to make flipping your french toast much easier.
- While the pan heats up, in a separate bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Once the pan is heated up, dip your bread slices completely in the combination and set on pan, then drizzle the cinnamon and sugar concoction on top. You will drizzle on the other side as well once you flip your french toast.
- Proceed to finish off the rest of your bread slices, top with powdered sugar for added flavor as well as a bit of syrup.
For just throwing this recipe together it turned out amazingly well! I’ve always done the quick and easy french toast in the past, but just adding that honey and heavy cream into the mix just gives it so much more flavor! I will be using this recipe from now on, it is way too good not to be doing every single time. I barely even had to put syrup on the french toast it was so jam packed with yummy goodness! Of course breakfast isn’t complete without siding some bacon or eggs or both with this main course! Well I should advocate using egg whites and fruit as a healthier side choice. Even with switching to a healthier lifestyle bacon is the one thing I don’t think I could ever give up 😉 I mean…it’s BACON. I did modify this recipe off of Laundry In Louboutins, where I originally got the idea to add the heavy cream and the honey. She used way fluffier bread and a much more different process than I did, and some different ingredients, which I am sure is delicious! For my lack of time and patience, I chose to just go with my gut and by the end of it my gut was truly satisfied!
Check out some more amazing french toast recipes below:
Hope ya’ll enjoy! Make sure to check out some other amazing crafts and recipes through the link below! I promise I won’t go completely linked-up crazy 😉