Okay so I am a bit late for this recipe!! But regardless I know someone will appreciate this recipe next year around Halloween time! I’ve been preparing everything when it comes to my clean eating challenge, which officially begins today!! Trying to keep that organized while also running my fitness challenge group, and preparing for the next one to begin! Needless to say I have been busy, and without a proper planning system, I am getting disorganized very quickly! So, with my hectic life right now, you can understand why I’m a week late in posting this lovely Halloween themed Almond Bark recipe, which in all honesty I never even got to try out myself! Guess that means it was good? 🙂
What You’ll Need:
- 12-14 Oreo cookies, broken up into large chunks
- BTW, could not for the life of me find orange and black ones?! What is this blasphemy??
- 1 cup pretzels, broken into pieces
- 1 pound almond bark or white chocolate melts
- 1 1/2 cups candy corn
- 20-30 candy eyeballs
- 1-2 tbsp of a variety of Halloween sprinkles
- Melt almond bark according to package. I slowly melted mine in a sauce pan over low heat, until it appears smooth and shiny. Make sure to stir frequently to prevent burning.
- While melting the bark, cover a large cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Spread broken cookies, pretzels and about 1 cup of the candy corn onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie mixture, spreading with spatula to coat evenly.
- This part can be tricky, as the mixture items will want to come up with the spatula. I still need to find a little trick to prevent this from happening the next time!
- Quickly sprinkle remaining candy corn, candy eyeballs and Halloween sprinkles over the almond bark while it is still wet. Place cookie tray into refrigerator until set and firm, roughly 30 minutes.
- Break up into small pieces and enjoy!