1While the title for this page is quite obvious, I would still like to go into detail about what this list intentions are meant to be. When I was sixteen I created my first bucket list, the contents of that list I cannot fully remember, seeing as there were 100 items on the list, which of course were life goals that spanned my entire lifetime. Well by the time I was eighteen I believe I had accomplished roughly five of those items. If I can recall, one was get a tattoo. Check. Lose your virginity to someone you love. Check. (although that was not love, but at the time I thought it was) Go deep sea fishing. Check. Get along better with my family. Check. Graduate high school. Check. But of course the list became way more far-fetched the further along I went.
Well, I am making a new bucket list. This time with goals that are within reach on a yearly basis. Of course I want to travel and do all of these spontaneous activities, but when you are only twenty-one years old and still trying to get through school while working a full time job and have just moved states…well that can be a little difficult to do. I am making this list not only to achieve my own personal goals for the year, but at each milestone it will only make me stronger as an individual. Hopefully one day when traveling is finally an option, I will be able to mark it off of my list! So I hereby present my Bucket List for 2014! (but I will probably start it as soon as the words are put to paper)
1. Get toned
2. Finish at least half of my book
Get into UNC Charlotte
- Yes, I did in fact get accepted in UNC Charlotte but with my year off from school I came to realize the profession I actually wanted to go into. And that program is not offered at UNC Charlotte, so until I find the program that will help me achieve this goal, my schooling is still on hold.
4. Go on a cruise
5. Go to Discovery Place
Get a grill and patio furniture
- Best part, is the patio furniture was a hand-me-down! I love free stuff!!
7. Read 15 books (not school required)
- Gone With the Wind – Margaret Mitchell
- The Lucky One – Nicholas Sparks
- The Longest Ride – Nicholas Sparks
- Matched – Ally Condie
- Crossed – Ally Condie
- Reached – Ally Condie
- The Beast Within – Serena Valentino
- The Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins
- Catching Fire – Suzanne Collins
- Mockingjay – Suzanne Collins
Visit a local zoo
- We went to the Asheboro Zoo a few weeks ago now, I got to see my favorite animal (giraffe) and four baby lion cubs! (Pics will be posted!) Plus many more amazing animals, I just love the simplicity of a zoo.
Get a new fall/winter wardrobe
- Thanks to momma Keenan!
10. Visit Myrtle Beach
11. Go to Carowinds
12. See the mountains
- Last weekend we were up in Boone, Wilkesboro, and Blowing Rock. They were gorgeous!
Attend one concert
- We saw A Day to Remember! Once again, this is the second time Shane and I have seen them together, but Clay of course went and he never had seen them live. They were accompanied by Chiodos, Motionless In White, and Bring Me the Horizon. It was an awesome concert!
Attend a professional football game
- Dec. 1, 2013 we attended the Buccaneers and Panthers game in Charlotte at the Bank of America Stadium! We were in the box section right at the 50 yard line, not bad for my first NFL game 😉 just wish the Bucs would have won
15. Go to a hole-in-the-wall place for lunch
- Went to Chuck’s near work, literally grandma’s cooking
16. Have at least 2 modeling shoots
See a movie
- Finally saw Catching Fire! Needless to say it was amazing…I may reread the books
Get at least 1,000 views on my blog
- We did it guys!! Thank you to all of my viewers for the huge support! Without the readers I wouldn’t have made it this far! 🙂
Get at least 50 subscribers on my blog
- Again, thank you to not only my readers, but those who subscribed to my blog! Now at 51 following my blog – just saying 😉 – I will do my absolute best to get you all to stick around!
Grow out my hair to middle back
- It has finally happened!! My hair is long and luscious, not to mention healthy 🙂 all thanks to coconut oil
- We got snow this year! It’s kind of hard to believe that last Wednesday, 1-29-14, I was stuck at home because of intermittent weather!
Get professional pictures done with Shane
- We got our engagement pictures done up in the mountains! I can’t wait to see how they all turned out!
23. Visit family in both
FL and MN
- Visited my family for Thanksgiving, good food and amazing memories.
24. Take advantage of at least 1 Groupon deal
- Went to a Haunted House up in Wilkesboro, it was actually pretty awesome: Hillside Horror
Complete at least 5 Pinterest tutorials
- Completed the Alcohol Ink-Dyed Coasters, which were a big hit for everyone!
- Stained Glass Candles
- Crayon Art
- DIY Burlap Banner (for wedding)
- DIY Glass Stained Bottles (for wedding)
For my life-time goals, check out my bucket list here!
You can even create your own! And best of all its free to sign up! See your friends’ goals and keep track of your goals, get the app and you have it on the go! I can’t wait to finally have all of my goals in one place that I can go back to regularly!