I have a rather unhealthy but healthy obsession with hummus as of late, I use it for all of my lunch snacks throughout the day and you would think I get sick of it sooner or later, but if anything my obsession has only grown since finding this gem of a recipe! Of course this was found during a Pinterest binge, but I completely modified this one when it comes to the flavor and the veggies, which I decided to put together to really fit my preferences. This recipe is absolutely AMAZING and only took a total of about 10 minutes of prep time, then 30 minutes to cook! Healthy + Time Savvy = my FAVORITE kinds of recipes!
What You’ll Need:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 1 cup, Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp. garlic
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare one large baking dish with cooking spray.
- I used coconut oil spray!
- Pat the chicken dry, then season the chicken breasts with pinches of salt and pepper. In a large bowl toss the peppers and asparagus with olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of garlic.
- Place all of the veggies on the bottom of the dish in an even layer. Lay the four chicken breasts evenly on top, then cover each chicken breast with the hummus until the entire breast is covered. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon, or the equivalent of 1 tbsp. lemon juice (if bottled), over the chicken and veggies.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are tender. Serve immediately.
I needed to add a carb into our dinner so I chose to go with garlic-herb quinoa as a side to this awesome dish! Sometimes you need to substitute the rice for something else and this sounded like a perfect side to compliment the flavor of the chicken. I also coated both sides of the chicken breast in hummus, which worked out perfectly as it became a sort of sauce to go with the veggies and mix in with the quinoa. I can’t wait to try out this recipe with more hummus flavors!
If I could do anything differently I think I would cook the asparagus and peppers in a separate dish, they turned out a little too soggy for my liking, but still delicious! You can find where I modified this recipe from >>>here<<<. Don’t be afraid to play around with your veggies on this one, it’s all about YOUR preferences! Until next time!